Monday 14 April 2008

First of all, answers to last blog's quiz:

WHO SAID:
Christianity will go. It will vanish and shrink. I do not know what will go first, rock 'n' roll or Christianity. John Lennon
Ever get the feeling you've been cheated? Good Night. Johnny Rotten
I'd rather have a cup of tea than sex. Boy George
If it's illegal to rock and roll, throw my ass in jail! Kurt Cobain
If you're listening to a rock star in order to get your information on who to vote for, you're a bigger moron than they are. Alice Cooper
I am the most well-known homosexual in the world. Elton John
We're a very expensive group; we break a lot of rules. It's unheard of to combine opera with a rock theme, my dear . Freddie Mercury
Rock and Roll: Music for the neck downwards. Keith Richard
I only got seventh-grade education, but I have a doctorate in funk, and I like to put that to good use James Brown
America's greatest living poet (about Smokey Robinson) Bob Dylan

I have to apologise for the lack of recent blogs. However, I have to admit that this hasn't quite turned out as I expected! When I started this blog I envisaged it to be a forum of like-minded people who would add comments and anecdotes and there would be lots of witty Wildean repartee, thus making my job of adding a blog that much easier as I would have lots of material to draw from and create the blog. Unfortunately apart from a few welcome comments from my hard core devoted following, apparently it's too much effort for most of you to enter your email address and a password to register and add some comments. Therefore my blog will continue but not as frequently, unless there is a sudden outburst of commentary (which I doubt).

This week's quiz question (for film buffs):

Which actor appeared in only six films (five films while alive, plus a sixth using archival footage after his death) that were all nominated for the Academy Award for best picture?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Monitor de LCD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://monitor-de-lcd.blogspot.com. A hug.

Steve (or Frank, depending who's reading!) said...

Was it James Dean? Sorry for lack of posts, not enough hours in the day ! I'll try to do better

smarty said...

Dont give in Hughesy - will get round to contributing in time we just like to hear you ramble on as you do in real life!

By the way was it fred astaire?

Unknown said...

Hi Lee, just spotted the blog, where do you find the time to keep it up? My stab at you question is Roy Kinnear.

hughesy said...

All wrong I'm afraid - next post will be out shortly, I'll publish the answer then but until then a further clue...Al Pacino was a chilhood fried and he was also engaged to Meryl Streep.